satyasrd
09-09 02:10 PM
Almost everyone I know these days applies in the EB2 category. If the gates open and EB2 is made current, I think it's in the best interest for EB3 to pack their bags and go home.
Just my 2 cents
Just my 2 cents
wallpaper Amir Khan v Andreas Kotelnik
coolvigo
11-20 08:34 PM
I am moving too ............aakhir kab tak intezaar karengey !
nixstor
07-03 12:26 PM
I admit, it seems discriminatory to say you can't get your GC now because you're from this country or that country but these "high volume" countries have created the current back log through their sheer numbers and sometimes multiple applications, not the system. The system is fair to ALL and for some group to say that it isn't fair because all of that group isn't getting what they want is unjust to the rest of us. I knew I would be pounced upon when I submitted my original post and it only proves my point of personal agendas; sometimes I wonder what the "I" in "IV" really stands for? Don't be so arrogant as to believe that your higher education should give you more rights than others - that doesn't fly with me! I am frustrated with this forum because of this arrogance and I may not visit too much longer!
I do have one question for all of you who are in favor of eliminating the per country limit; do you support an eventual road to citizenship for the large group of people who dominate the "other side" of immigration? If you don't, some may think you hipocritical to want the rules changed for yourselves!
Sheer number of applications from the high volume countries has created the backlog?? Are you saying/wishing that these people should not have come in the first place to avoid the backlog?? My friend, backlogs did not happen completely because of the sheer number of applications and gaming. Backlogs happened primarily because of wasted visa numbers and issues surrounding it. If there was no visa number wastage the priority dates would have been around 2-3 years behind as opposed to 7 or 8 years. There are gamers in every system. If a system does not work for people as it is supposed to, gamers do so to get out of the system. Not that IV condones such things but it happens in any system, when the system is broken.
The I in IV definitely does not stand for me only or for any one only. I along with V only makes sense. I by itself does not get IV any where.
So removing the per country limit would remove the "bias" off these countries and move it to the ones with lower populations; so, in essence the discrimination would be reversed?
On one hand you are saying that there is a bias towards lower population countries now and you are ok with it, just because you happen to benefit from it. Is that what you mean?
If retrogressed countries are asking for 75% of the numbers reserved to them rather than having one line for all, You have a good point in saying that the bias is shifting towards retrogressed countries. There is no such provision like that. The provision creates one line depending on when you entered the line. You enter the line ahead, you get it first.
So keeping the limits intact is NOT a bias to you? You can't have it both ways. What do you think is a solution? The point system you referred to came with the same 10% limit on the retrogressed countries. What difference does it make to a retrogressed person with 96 out of 100 points, but still needs to wait for 4 years, while some one from Krakozhia walks away in 6 months with 60 points. B T W , you also said that higher education deserves more does not fly with you. I am not sure how you want points to be assigned, other than education and experience. Don't let the fear and protectionist thought take over the logical and rational thought.
The "other side" of immigration is an entirely different topic. Their issues and our issues, their path to the end line and ours are entirely different. We can't simply compare apples and oranges and call people hypocrites. That said, I personally support it and feel that it will happen at some point depending on the majority in both houses and one party will suffer for the decisions it made. As a by stander, I sympathize with the situation the "other side" has been in. I have a full plate to work on.
I do have one question for all of you who are in favor of eliminating the per country limit; do you support an eventual road to citizenship for the large group of people who dominate the "other side" of immigration? If you don't, some may think you hipocritical to want the rules changed for yourselves!
Sheer number of applications from the high volume countries has created the backlog?? Are you saying/wishing that these people should not have come in the first place to avoid the backlog?? My friend, backlogs did not happen completely because of the sheer number of applications and gaming. Backlogs happened primarily because of wasted visa numbers and issues surrounding it. If there was no visa number wastage the priority dates would have been around 2-3 years behind as opposed to 7 or 8 years. There are gamers in every system. If a system does not work for people as it is supposed to, gamers do so to get out of the system. Not that IV condones such things but it happens in any system, when the system is broken.
The I in IV definitely does not stand for me only or for any one only. I along with V only makes sense. I by itself does not get IV any where.
So removing the per country limit would remove the "bias" off these countries and move it to the ones with lower populations; so, in essence the discrimination would be reversed?
On one hand you are saying that there is a bias towards lower population countries now and you are ok with it, just because you happen to benefit from it. Is that what you mean?
If retrogressed countries are asking for 75% of the numbers reserved to them rather than having one line for all, You have a good point in saying that the bias is shifting towards retrogressed countries. There is no such provision like that. The provision creates one line depending on when you entered the line. You enter the line ahead, you get it first.
So keeping the limits intact is NOT a bias to you? You can't have it both ways. What do you think is a solution? The point system you referred to came with the same 10% limit on the retrogressed countries. What difference does it make to a retrogressed person with 96 out of 100 points, but still needs to wait for 4 years, while some one from Krakozhia walks away in 6 months with 60 points. B T W , you also said that higher education deserves more does not fly with you. I am not sure how you want points to be assigned, other than education and experience. Don't let the fear and protectionist thought take over the logical and rational thought.
The "other side" of immigration is an entirely different topic. Their issues and our issues, their path to the end line and ours are entirely different. We can't simply compare apples and oranges and call people hypocrites. That said, I personally support it and feel that it will happen at some point depending on the majority in both houses and one party will suffer for the decisions it made. As a by stander, I sympathize with the situation the "other side" has been in. I have a full plate to work on.
2011 talks about Amir Khan and
trueguy
07-02 10:13 PM
I support online petition idea and can get more than 50 friends to sign it.
Lets start it as soon as possible so it can have an positive impact on those three pending bills that will be presented to Congress this summer.
Thanks.
Lets start it as soon as possible so it can have an positive impact on those three pending bills that will be presented to Congress this summer.
Thanks.
more...
GCBy3000
07-13 07:37 PM
I dont see any problem if we align with like minded orgs. If we allow today Murthy to take credit, then we are mis-directing our fellow immigrants who would be comng down the years here. They all believe Murthy is for immigrants and fall in their trap.
So let us all be clear in selecting our friends or foe keeping our goals and vision for future immigrants. I am OK if we dont get anything, but I dont want to lose anything.
All,
Discrediting attorney Murthy does not serve our purpose.
If she is doing something good, that is generating more pressure on USCIS, then let's stop criticizing her.
Though she is taking the step a few days late, it is a step in right direction and lets support and thank her...
Everyone has their motives...What matters is the end product...
So let us all be clear in selecting our friends or foe keeping our goals and vision for future immigrants. I am OK if we dont get anything, but I dont want to lose anything.
All,
Discrediting attorney Murthy does not serve our purpose.
If she is doing something good, that is generating more pressure on USCIS, then let's stop criticizing her.
Though she is taking the step a few days late, it is a step in right direction and lets support and thank her...
Everyone has their motives...What matters is the end product...
va_dude
08-21 10:08 AM
Uscis has done nothing wrong.
This person who posted the new thread seems to have come in to the country without even a passport. How is that legal?
How in the world can we expect Uscis to overlook all that? Don't criticize uscis for doing their job right (for once) :)
This person who posted the new thread seems to have come in to the country without even a passport. How is that legal?
How in the world can we expect Uscis to overlook all that? Don't criticize uscis for doing their job right (for once) :)
more...
vkannan
11-12 10:59 PM
WRONG.
YOU are an EB2 India guy for sure and your PD is close.
If spillover happens, all visas will get used up by EB2 India only. EB3 India gets nothing. There are way too many Indians in the system. Even if something is left from EB2 India, EB3 ROW will get breadcrums.
EB3 India gets nothing. So stop giving wrong logic. I will oppose IV helping EB2 guys with close priority dates and not caring about everyone else.
Well, No wonder why we still could not pass any bill in our favour, Keep fighting Dude, EB1 vs EB2 v EB3 v horozontal spill vs vertical spill vs etc etc etc., Keep fighting....you are a good samaritan......
YOU are an EB2 India guy for sure and your PD is close.
If spillover happens, all visas will get used up by EB2 India only. EB3 India gets nothing. There are way too many Indians in the system. Even if something is left from EB2 India, EB3 ROW will get breadcrums.
EB3 India gets nothing. So stop giving wrong logic. I will oppose IV helping EB2 guys with close priority dates and not caring about everyone else.
Well, No wonder why we still could not pass any bill in our favour, Keep fighting Dude, EB1 vs EB2 v EB3 v horozontal spill vs vertical spill vs etc etc etc., Keep fighting....you are a good samaritan......
2010 Amir Khan, oxer
GCHope2011
07-02 01:18 AM
To senators..
more...
chanduv23
01-30 09:08 PM
Benching is a concept where a H1b employee is not productive to the sponsering employer, during this time the employer does not want to pay the employee. This is not permitted because such a concept just does not make sense.
Generally people find it difficult to find their first work assignment when they do not have US experience and a lot of people have initial bench, which is also not valid, but it is common.
Nowadays a lot of these body shops also manage to get some product development or outsourced work from clients and when their employees come on bench they are made to work on these internal projects or manage outsourced work and their payroll continues as they do productive work as well as look for future assignments.
Your case is defferent and you not recieving pay check during summer is not bench.
Prolonged benching have been taken seriously by USCIS. I am not aware of any cases in detail but people have had issues with spouses not getting h4 etc...
I have never heard USCIS penalizing unpaid bench. If it a problem and such a common case, why don't we ever hear about penalty against unpaid bench?
Is it possible to take unpaid leave every year?
In teaching you have an option of not teaching in summer. This means you do not get 2-3 pay checks; happens every year because most faculty don't teach in summer. Faculty is not even aware that absence of pay checks can be a problem.
Generally people find it difficult to find their first work assignment when they do not have US experience and a lot of people have initial bench, which is also not valid, but it is common.
Nowadays a lot of these body shops also manage to get some product development or outsourced work from clients and when their employees come on bench they are made to work on these internal projects or manage outsourced work and their payroll continues as they do productive work as well as look for future assignments.
Your case is defferent and you not recieving pay check during summer is not bench.
Prolonged benching have been taken seriously by USCIS. I am not aware of any cases in detail but people have had issues with spouses not getting h4 etc...
I have never heard USCIS penalizing unpaid bench. If it a problem and such a common case, why don't we ever hear about penalty against unpaid bench?
Is it possible to take unpaid leave every year?
In teaching you have an option of not teaching in summer. This means you do not get 2-3 pay checks; happens every year because most faculty don't teach in summer. Faculty is not even aware that absence of pay checks can be a problem.
hair of Amir Khan Boxer,
alex99
11-01 12:33 PM
Bumping..
more...
Ganesh99
07-04 06:07 PM
I think we should use this opportunity to lobby Congress to pass Legislation to help legal immigration that are least controversial.
1. We should be able to file 485 independent of priority dates.
2. Exempt dependents from VISA cap.
In my opinion pursuing a lawsuit may not help us much.
We should raise money to pursue lobbying instead of the lawsuit.
IV should use this opportunity to reienforc the lobbying efforts and fund raising effors.
For my part, I will contribute individually and willing to particpate in any fund raising efforts in my area (North West Boston area).
1. We should be able to file 485 independent of priority dates.
2. Exempt dependents from VISA cap.
In my opinion pursuing a lawsuit may not help us much.
We should raise money to pursue lobbying instead of the lawsuit.
IV should use this opportunity to reienforc the lobbying efforts and fund raising effors.
For my part, I will contribute individually and willing to particpate in any fund raising efforts in my area (North West Boston area).
hot amir khan boxer girlfriend
CADude
11-20 11:51 PM
Good though...
Guys.
Please do not mind, my writing this - I honestly think we should stop writing insensible comments like "sick people getting frustrated" and the like...
IV is a professional not for profit outfit, with a set agenda. We should work together towards achieving our goal, through legal, available channels.
If things work out - great! If they don't, it's disappointing but not the end of the world.
People who chose to stay and wait longer for their Permanent Residency will do so; those who cannot (for whatever reasons) will find other alternatives...
Let's not make this a platform for venting out our frustrations.
Guys.
Please do not mind, my writing this - I honestly think we should stop writing insensible comments like "sick people getting frustrated" and the like...
IV is a professional not for profit outfit, with a set agenda. We should work together towards achieving our goal, through legal, available channels.
If things work out - great! If they don't, it's disappointing but not the end of the world.
People who chose to stay and wait longer for their Permanent Residency will do so; those who cannot (for whatever reasons) will find other alternatives...
Let's not make this a platform for venting out our frustrations.
more...
house Amir Khan (left) is confident
Jaime
09-10 12:37 PM
You have been stuck in the Labor backlog centers or name check for years - It's not our fault that USCIS is a totally broken agency and the immigration process discriminatory and arcane. We contribute billions to the economy and love the U.S. The least we can ask for is for a fair immigration process (let alone a good one) just plain old FAIR will do!
tattoo Amir Khan will step up a
kutra
03-05 06:26 PM
I think that everybody has the right to express their opinion.
Anything else is sensorship
good luck to all
That is true. But I would rather bicker/argue among ourselves in our closed community and not in front of the public. I withdrew my post because singhsa3 is inviting media and other outlets to view this poll. I see no good coming out of washing our dirty linen in public.
I am neither convinced by singhsa3's arguments and nor do I buy into the whole "potential-to-buy-houses" angle (and I got red-dotted for all my previous posts, but I don't care), but if he's willing to take the efforts because he believes in what he's doing, then I don't have to be the all-freedom-of-speech guy.
So long as singhsa3's not pledging that I and my wife will buy our house #2 and house #3 only because USCIS gives us green cards, I am fine with continuing with my life and work. :)
Anything else is sensorship
good luck to all
That is true. But I would rather bicker/argue among ourselves in our closed community and not in front of the public. I withdrew my post because singhsa3 is inviting media and other outlets to view this poll. I see no good coming out of washing our dirty linen in public.
I am neither convinced by singhsa3's arguments and nor do I buy into the whole "potential-to-buy-houses" angle (and I got red-dotted for all my previous posts, but I don't care), but if he's willing to take the efforts because he believes in what he's doing, then I don't have to be the all-freedom-of-speech guy.
So long as singhsa3's not pledging that I and my wife will buy our house #2 and house #3 only because USCIS gives us green cards, I am fine with continuing with my life and work. :)
more...
pictures in Amir Khan#39;s footsteps
hasil
03-19 06:36 PM
Before EB2 moves faster, every EB3 guy will get a new LC and jump in to EB2 line. Then EB3 line will be little lighter and moves a little faster. Then people will start asking like this - "Can we go back to EB3 line ? Can we have 3rd EB3 LC ( like LC sells in walmart) and another 485 ?" . Pretty much everyone wants to have 2 LC , 2 I-140 and 2 I-485 at any time. That way whichever category moves faster they will beat the system.
Then we come to this forum and wonder why there is so much backlog or why USCIS is so slow ( my favorite one).
This madness has to stop !
:)
Then we come to this forum and wonder why there is so much backlog or why USCIS is so slow ( my favorite one).
This madness has to stop !
:)
dresses Diamond Boxing with Amir Khan:
shannonxi
07-18 10:47 AM
Mine reached NSC on July 2 at 9:02 AM. Got Fedex delivery confirmation and no receipt from CIS yet. Will check with my lawyer for advise.
more...
makeup Amir Khan
file485
12-22 09:40 AM
lazycis..
yes..the 485 was filed thru ex-employer based on future employment...
so basically we submitted a future empl letter from ex-employer + the current employment letter with the current employer stating that I am working with the current employer with the same skills mentioned in the labor..
the mess up was submitting the current empl.letter alongwith the G325a form which does not mention the current employer(which was prepared in June 07 before i found this job..)
yes..the 485 was filed thru ex-employer based on future employment...
so basically we submitted a future empl letter from ex-employer + the current employment letter with the current employer stating that I am working with the current employer with the same skills mentioned in the labor..
the mess up was submitting the current empl.letter alongwith the G325a form which does not mention the current employer(which was prepared in June 07 before i found this job..)
girlfriend The Tory leader and Amir Khan

akhilmahajan
09-26 10:45 AM
There is a non-profit organization (like Business & Media Institute (http://www.businessandmedia.org/about/about.aspx)) that reports on wrong media reports. They have lot of reports on Lou Dobbs.
The details were posted in one of the many Lou Dobbs Threads. I can not find it.
If anyone can find it please post details of the organization and send email to this organization also.
Misrepresentation of facts regarding the recent rally in Washington DC. The rally was about increasing the number of Green Cards, and not H1-Bs. This reporter - Eileen Zimmermann has clearly gotten the two distinct issues mixed up.
The intent of the rally was to garner support and highlight the inefficiencies in the immigrant visa(also known as green card) process. This is different from the H-1B issue.. H-1B is a highly-skilled temporary work visa.
I ask that CNN must immediately issue a correction to this article to reflect the correct information.
Please call with any questions,
{Name}
{Phone Number}
The details were posted in one of the many Lou Dobbs Threads. I can not find it.
If anyone can find it please post details of the organization and send email to this organization also.
Misrepresentation of facts regarding the recent rally in Washington DC. The rally was about increasing the number of Green Cards, and not H1-Bs. This reporter - Eileen Zimmermann has clearly gotten the two distinct issues mixed up.
The intent of the rally was to garner support and highlight the inefficiencies in the immigrant visa(also known as green card) process. This is different from the H-1B issue.. H-1B is a highly-skilled temporary work visa.
I ask that CNN must immediately issue a correction to this article to reflect the correct information.
Please call with any questions,
{Name}
{Phone Number}
hairstyles Amir Khan seeking world title
delax
07-14 07:39 PM
Yes. I VOLUNTARILY exclude myself from any such potential benefit.
BTW did you get a discount from Murthy for defending the firm on this website? Most of your posts are all about defending.
Great - You have your conscience to answer about excluding yourself - hopefully you will walk the talk - if not, so much for your commitment to "Gandhigiri".
And Oh! BTW I did not get a discount - but I atleast dont hurl allegations before I know the facts. Its a pity that you are missing the forest for the trees - I dont think I am defending anybody here. But just because Murthy Law Firm is more visible than a John Doe Law Office, does not make her more guilty or for that matter more innocent. She may be as guilty or as innocent as any other lawyer - her letter will only help not harm. If she takes undue credit for it "Gandhigiri" would require us to send her flowers - not hurl allegations.
Let us practice what we preach - or is the preaching only to show USCIS - since you have a vested interest there. Ask yourself this question. I dont need to tell you the answer. Cheers
BTW did you get a discount from Murthy for defending the firm on this website? Most of your posts are all about defending.
Great - You have your conscience to answer about excluding yourself - hopefully you will walk the talk - if not, so much for your commitment to "Gandhigiri".
And Oh! BTW I did not get a discount - but I atleast dont hurl allegations before I know the facts. Its a pity that you are missing the forest for the trees - I dont think I am defending anybody here. But just because Murthy Law Firm is more visible than a John Doe Law Office, does not make her more guilty or for that matter more innocent. She may be as guilty or as innocent as any other lawyer - her letter will only help not harm. If she takes undue credit for it "Gandhigiri" would require us to send her flowers - not hurl allegations.
Let us practice what we preach - or is the preaching only to show USCIS - since you have a vested interest there. Ask yourself this question. I dont need to tell you the answer. Cheers
inskrish
04-10 09:36 AM
Buying a hose is not substantial investment. It may cost $20 to $50 based on the length you need
:)
:)
greyhair
06-10 07:30 PM
For whatever reason, rumors are flying all over the Internet that the end of H1B and EAD employment authorization is at hand. This is complete nonsense. The purported basis for these rumors is an amendment offered in the Senate (S. Amdt. 4319) to a tax bill previously passed by the House (HR 4213). As written, this proposal would prohibit companies from filing H1B petitions if the company has laid off any employees in the last year. It would also void all existing H petitions for a company if the company lays off personnel.
Let's put this in context. Microsoft decides to lay off some of its loading dock personnel because they want to outsource that work. Under this proposal, they would then have to terminate all of their H1B engineers. That simply doesn't pass the laugh test.
Like most of Grassley's proposals, this amendment is pure idiocy. I suppose that's what happens when your parents are siblings. This bill has absolutely no chance of ever becoming law. .
It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. Pandering to the client base will not help the clients, it will only help the service provider.
Let's put this in context. Microsoft decides to lay off some of its loading dock personnel because they want to outsource that work. Under this proposal, they would then have to terminate all of their H1B engineers. That simply doesn't pass the laugh test.
Like most of Grassley's proposals, this amendment is pure idiocy. I suppose that's what happens when your parents are siblings. This bill has absolutely no chance of ever becoming law. .
It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. Pandering to the client base will not help the clients, it will only help the service provider.