greencard_fever
09-05 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=imv116]
Nothing wrong, but just the fact that hiring becomes difficult and and people with genuine experience will also have to go through stringent hiring procedures. Say someone really has 8 years experience and someone is faking 8 years experience, both are competing for the same job and as a hiring manager, if the job is filled with someone with fake exp and this person does not perform, it will have a rippling effect. I have seen this happen.
chandu,its not same all the time as i believe in the candidate potential then the experience..i have seen so many case in my past 5 yrs of experience that a Guy who has 8yrs of experience failed to impress the hiring manager and technical lead in an personal interview where as a fresh graduate from well know university cracked the same interview a got the project� IT is the place where we all have to learn new thing every day...experience only matters how the a person approaching to get the things done...it all depends on how each individual is capable of job get done..this is what i belive in...no offence to any one.
Nothing wrong, but just the fact that hiring becomes difficult and and people with genuine experience will also have to go through stringent hiring procedures. Say someone really has 8 years experience and someone is faking 8 years experience, both are competing for the same job and as a hiring manager, if the job is filled with someone with fake exp and this person does not perform, it will have a rippling effect. I have seen this happen.
chandu,its not same all the time as i believe in the candidate potential then the experience..i have seen so many case in my past 5 yrs of experience that a Guy who has 8yrs of experience failed to impress the hiring manager and technical lead in an personal interview where as a fresh graduate from well know university cracked the same interview a got the project� IT is the place where we all have to learn new thing every day...experience only matters how the a person approaching to get the things done...it all depends on how each individual is capable of job get done..this is what i belive in...no offence to any one.
wallpaper royal wedding invite william
rb_248
04-09 07:26 PM
No change. Wohi purani kahaani. Old wine in new bottle.
Old wine tastes good. Does this VB tastes good to you?
Old wine tastes good. Does this VB tastes good to you?
valuablehurdle
02-10 07:38 AM
I also have Continental Airmiles that I can donate. Please PM me if anyone is interested. I will be driving to DC myself since I am just 4 hours away.
2011 prince william wedding
perm2gc
01-11 03:12 PM
http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=691603441&f=902603441&m=53410452831&r=53410452831#53410452831
http://www.visaportal.com/forums/topic.asp?forum=18&topic=191
http://www.visaportal.com/forums/topic.asp?forum=18&topic=191
more...
BlueSunD
02-27 09:47 PM
Thanks, a great place for tutorials on maya is http://www.learning-maya.com
gsc999
04-23 01:32 PM
I had the same problem with phone numbers. About 8 numbers turned out to be incorrect. Update your profile, please. And if you do not want to be contacted by phone, please leave the phone # box in the profile blank.
---
Ditto, Please update your phone numbers.
Thanks in advance
---
Ditto, Please update your phone numbers.
Thanks in advance
more...

greyhair
02-09 02:33 PM
Why am I not suprised with this news?
I think it is self evident that even though there is some spill over I think large number of visa's are getting wasted. Else last year we should have seen better movement than just wrapping up 2004. In 2008 there were so many people with 2005 & 2006 PD who were approved. I think it was either inefficiency on part of USCIS or a go slow directive from the administation that has caused visa wastage.
One immigration business shop says that visas are being wasted and that's our proof. We are now ready to list the reasons why visa numbers are being wasted. Not only the visas have been wasted but according to you the reason for wastage are -
1.) Inefficiency
2.) Directive from the administration
But before that, can anybody prove conclusively that visa numbers were wasted. What is the proof? Just because my application is pending doesn't mean that USCIS is wasting green card numbers. Give us all proof that visa numbers are being wasted. Where is the proof. Around 20 days back I wrote an email to the immigration business shop asking for proof of waste of visa numbers. No response.
I think it is self evident that even though there is some spill over I think large number of visa's are getting wasted. Else last year we should have seen better movement than just wrapping up 2004. In 2008 there were so many people with 2005 & 2006 PD who were approved. I think it was either inefficiency on part of USCIS or a go slow directive from the administation that has caused visa wastage.
One immigration business shop says that visas are being wasted and that's our proof. We are now ready to list the reasons why visa numbers are being wasted. Not only the visas have been wasted but according to you the reason for wastage are -
1.) Inefficiency
2.) Directive from the administration
But before that, can anybody prove conclusively that visa numbers were wasted. What is the proof? Just because my application is pending doesn't mean that USCIS is wasting green card numbers. Give us all proof that visa numbers are being wasted. Where is the proof. Around 20 days back I wrote an email to the immigration business shop asking for proof of waste of visa numbers. No response.
2010 Prince William amp; Kate
singhsa3
02-22 09:18 AM
In ancient times there used be gods for every potentially powerful / Harmful things that people were afraid of . For example:
God of Fire : Hephasistos for greeks, Agnidev for Hindus, Vulcan for Romans
Godess of Wisdom : Athena for greeks, Sarswati for Hindus, Minerva for Romans
King of gods : Zeus for greeks , Indra for Hindus, Jupiter for Romans
etc etc...
So in the modern times we have the following gods, and we are afraid making them unhappy
God of Visa Bulletien : DOS
God of Visa issuance : INS
King of gods : The Lawmakers.
Then there are priests , who claim to have direct connections with these Gods. :D
I agree with you.
This guy googler just wants 5 minutes of fame and attention. By talking about such sensitive information on the forum, he is risking anything good that can happen for us in future. DOS can get unhappy with this official for discussing such information. I can understand the motives of lawyers for announcing on their website. They want publicity and business for themselves by showing off their connections.
God of Fire : Hephasistos for greeks, Agnidev for Hindus, Vulcan for Romans
Godess of Wisdom : Athena for greeks, Sarswati for Hindus, Minerva for Romans
King of gods : Zeus for greeks , Indra for Hindus, Jupiter for Romans
etc etc...
So in the modern times we have the following gods, and we are afraid making them unhappy
God of Visa Bulletien : DOS
God of Visa issuance : INS
King of gods : The Lawmakers.
Then there are priests , who claim to have direct connections with these Gods. :D
I agree with you.
This guy googler just wants 5 minutes of fame and attention. By talking about such sensitive information on the forum, he is risking anything good that can happen for us in future. DOS can get unhappy with this official for discussing such information. I can understand the motives of lawyers for announcing on their website. They want publicity and business for themselves by showing off their connections.
more...

sid3699
09-16 10:16 PM
My H1B visa stamp has expired, but I have the approval papers extending my H1B until Jan 2011. My company filed for bankruptcy. Another company bought parts of my company (not the entire company) in which I work. So I got absorbed by the buyer.
What happens to my visa? Does the new company have to file for an amended petition? If so, how long does that take?
I have to travel to India in two months. If they file the petition and I travel out of the country before I get the approval, will that be safe?
Thanks very much.
What happens to my visa? Does the new company have to file for an amended petition? If so, how long does that take?
I have to travel to India in two months. If they file the petition and I travel out of the country before I get the approval, will that be safe?
Thanks very much.
hair Royal Wedding Invite List;
bugmenot
07-16 06:17 PM
thats what is needed, someone needs to hit the numbers coz thats what talks here, calculate the amount that all the h1b's combined are paying/have paid so far, amount that directly benefits the social system , and the amount they will never see as they would have to leave
you have to showcase big big numbers i.e h1b tax is paying for so n so etc social dole etc, and that is the money that they have no gaurantee in ever benefetting from. thats the key
you have to showcase big big numbers i.e h1b tax is paying for so n so etc social dole etc, and that is the money that they have no gaurantee in ever benefetting from. thats the key
more...
imh1b
11-19 10:34 AM
why cant they spell out the damn rule.. instead of leaving it out for speculations...
insane!
Did you file the lawsuit yet?
Someone please update on the lawsuit to enforce visa spill over
insane!
Did you file the lawsuit yet?
Someone please update on the lawsuit to enforce visa spill over
hot Royal wedding - Kate amp; William
somegchuh
12-27 03:28 PM
I think the bottomline is not having a GC causes you so much general grief in life that even if you were in a perfect job on H1 and your spouse had a perfect job on H1, you would still want GC just to circumvent these issues with transit and financial institutions.
I know every time my wife or I fly anywhere, we are concerned about transit visas. Anytime you try to open an account, you are concerned. Different state DMV's act differently. Heck, even people in same DMV office in same city interpret rules differently when it comes to H1. I know ppl who have had trouble in CA getting a license because their H1 extension pending and I know ppl whose licenses were mailed to them with validity for another 5 years!
I know every time my wife or I fly anywhere, we are concerned about transit visas. Anytime you try to open an account, you are concerned. Different state DMV's act differently. Heck, even people in same DMV office in same city interpret rules differently when it comes to H1. I know ppl who have had trouble in CA getting a license because their H1 extension pending and I know ppl whose licenses were mailed to them with validity for another 5 years!
more...
house kate and william wedding
BharatPremi
03-12 12:02 PM
I am worried about this financial reports. I am not sure many consulting companies will give those to employee who is leaving
Yes, I believe, most companies (new employers - mid level) would not even ask and if requested and you can not provide then generally they may not make a big deal but underlying result for asking is to check if financial strength is "Good" and I-140 is approved then no problem hiring an EAD holder.
Yes, I believe, most companies (new employers - mid level) would not even ask and if requested and you can not provide then generally they may not make a big deal but underlying result for asking is to check if financial strength is "Good" and I-140 is approved then no problem hiring an EAD holder.
tattoo Prince William and Kate

yetanotherguyinline
05-15 04:26 PM
I agree this is a bad year but this was an article from 2006. I also completely agree that people need to pursue M.B.A with the aim of improving their skills or with a aim of improving their marketability or future career growth but then once you pay the big bucks it alwyas filters down to ROI. But spending 2 years of one's life at a full-time school shelling out 100's of thousands of dollars (especially if it is out of their own pocket) will make sense only if one can justify the investment in terms of dollars. People expect sunk costs to be recovered in the future. Investment banking and finance offered that opportunity to M.B.A professionals where they could draw anywhere between $300k-450k in base salary alone apart from millions of dollars in bonuses. Going into the future, the current socialistic government will keep tabs on such exuberant pays.
I weighed all these when deciding to start part-time. I always wanted to be a Mechanical Engineer and I want to be associated with my field for rest of my life. My intent of pursuing M.B.A is to move up the ladder quickly in Engineering/Technology Management.
You nailed it when you said you want to be in your field and you need an MBA to move up. My argument was that ROI should not be the major factor but reasoning as you mentioned above should be.
I weighed all these when deciding to start part-time. I always wanted to be a Mechanical Engineer and I want to be associated with my field for rest of my life. My intent of pursuing M.B.A is to move up the ladder quickly in Engineering/Technology Management.
You nailed it when you said you want to be in your field and you need an MBA to move up. My argument was that ROI should not be the major factor but reasoning as you mentioned above should be.
more...
pictures Wedding invitations - The; kate william invitation. Prince William and Kate
ramee
06-28 11:29 PM
Thank you Dhundhun.
For some reason I thought the difference between Welcome Email and Card Ordered email is only couple of days.
For some reason I thought the difference between Welcome Email and Card Ordered email is only couple of days.
dresses Prince William and Kate
immigrant2007
07-29 10:21 AM
The issue with not filing green card is ,even if it is written in offer letter..The lawyer can always come and say ' We tried our best to apply for your grene card. But we could not demonstrate that we could not find american citizens with minimum requirements.'
A promise is a promise whether verbal or written.
In this matter desi consultancies are far better.
I know you are not going to like my reply...but written is a written issue. Desi consultancies and body shops have thier own issue. Infact they exploited the system and candidates to the core.
Having things documented is the best way. If a company had to play fould it can do it anytime (even on verbal). I also learned the hard way. While writing we can still refere outside lawyers (of our choice)
A promise is a promise whether verbal or written.
In this matter desi consultancies are far better.
I know you are not going to like my reply...but written is a written issue. Desi consultancies and body shops have thier own issue. Infact they exploited the system and candidates to the core.
Having things documented is the best way. If a company had to play fould it can do it anytime (even on verbal). I also learned the hard way. While writing we can still refere outside lawyers (of our choice)
more...
makeup wedding invitations into

priderock
04-10 04:12 PM
How about sending back all H1Bs ? If there is no cheap labor around , the salaries for all others (Citizens and GC holders) go up. I so want to see 250 an hour rates.
Applying your logic , you should get a job in your home country if you are smart enough.
If you want a good discussion on a topic stop generalizing things and do not use rants like racist engineers etc. When you make an assumption please be clear about. You have assumed most people work for consulting companies and most people are frustrated with it. Not so. I don't work for them and I am not frustrated with them. My only concern with them is they are exploiting the system to their advantage and at my cost. This has two fold affect not only the take cut from your salary but also put a bad name to H1B visa program in general. Whoever wrote the bill or whatever are the consequences there is definitely some good things in that bill. Let me list out how some provisions are good:
1. If you are employable in US and you have the skills you will get the job with or without these middlemen. They come into picture only because they can start a corporation and then start the exploitation game. If a bill is taking these guys out what's wrong with it ? This will allow genuine corporations to hire the right candidates.
2. Putting 30 days of ad. to hire US citizens first ? What's wrong with it ? If their skills are really outdated and you are the best and the brightest you will get the job.
If you need more evidence of why H1B program needs reform look no further than H1B cap used up on first day. This has put good undue hard ship for good candidates while Infosys/Wipro etc will once again take the lion's share of H1B numbers. Why do you want them to win at your cost ? Stop calling people affected by this mess as "Racist Engineers". Try to put yourself in their shoes and some of these practices are affecting both the H1B visa holders (with indentured servitude) and citizens with wage depression. No body wins in the end but the people who are exploiting the system.
Applying your logic , you should get a job in your home country if you are smart enough.
If you want a good discussion on a topic stop generalizing things and do not use rants like racist engineers etc. When you make an assumption please be clear about. You have assumed most people work for consulting companies and most people are frustrated with it. Not so. I don't work for them and I am not frustrated with them. My only concern with them is they are exploiting the system to their advantage and at my cost. This has two fold affect not only the take cut from your salary but also put a bad name to H1B visa program in general. Whoever wrote the bill or whatever are the consequences there is definitely some good things in that bill. Let me list out how some provisions are good:
1. If you are employable in US and you have the skills you will get the job with or without these middlemen. They come into picture only because they can start a corporation and then start the exploitation game. If a bill is taking these guys out what's wrong with it ? This will allow genuine corporations to hire the right candidates.
2. Putting 30 days of ad. to hire US citizens first ? What's wrong with it ? If their skills are really outdated and you are the best and the brightest you will get the job.
If you need more evidence of why H1B program needs reform look no further than H1B cap used up on first day. This has put good undue hard ship for good candidates while Infosys/Wipro etc will once again take the lion's share of H1B numbers. Why do you want them to win at your cost ? Stop calling people affected by this mess as "Racist Engineers". Try to put yourself in their shoes and some of these practices are affecting both the H1B visa holders (with indentured servitude) and citizens with wage depression. No body wins in the end but the people who are exploiting the system.
girlfriend Prince William and Kate
Sammo
02-21 05:04 PM
every package except LW has a free trial.
Yeah and thats the one I really want to try...I've heard so much abuot LW being the best (although my 3d friends are probably biased)...
Yeah and thats the one I really want to try...I've heard so much abuot LW being the best (although my 3d friends are probably biased)...
hairstyles royal wedding invite william
vgayalu
07-25 12:12 PM
Dear Friends,
What is availability means available for persons applied before cut of dates? or not at all available like present Eb2.
A Person can apply only when visa's are available. For example right now there are no Visas for EB2. So no one can apply for I 485 under EB2 category. But when visas are available like EB3 why do not we apply. Cut off dates are USCIS created ones for their work conveninece by allowing few applicants . It is not law. There is no such hard and fast law stating that the applicants having priority dates before cut off dates can only apply for I 485. Just USCIS can issue a Circular to allow I 485 against to visa dates.
If it is really a law then they should say aome thing about the method of calculating cut off dates.
Why do not we write atleast a letter to allow to apply I 485 when visas are avaible by ignoring USCIS defined cut off dates.
Please discuss with senior attorneys and DHS and DGS officials.
With regards,
vgayalu
What is availability means available for persons applied before cut of dates? or not at all available like present Eb2.
A Person can apply only when visa's are available. For example right now there are no Visas for EB2. So no one can apply for I 485 under EB2 category. But when visas are available like EB3 why do not we apply. Cut off dates are USCIS created ones for their work conveninece by allowing few applicants . It is not law. There is no such hard and fast law stating that the applicants having priority dates before cut off dates can only apply for I 485. Just USCIS can issue a Circular to allow I 485 against to visa dates.
If it is really a law then they should say aome thing about the method of calculating cut off dates.
Why do not we write atleast a letter to allow to apply I 485 when visas are avaible by ignoring USCIS defined cut off dates.
Please discuss with senior attorneys and DHS and DGS officials.
With regards,
vgayalu
frostrated
09-10 02:54 PM
My PD is March 2010 EB2 so i'm not even in this race yet but help me in understanding one thing.
Was EB3 current in July 2007? If yes, I'm assuming atleast 95% EB3 folks have EAD and their spouse can work. The really big problem in post 2007 EB3.
Since dates were current in July 2007, Eb2 and Eb3 can atleast enjoy EAD/spouse working benefits. Why do ppl complain when they have EAD etc whose PD is before 2007.
smuggymba
what happened to your earlier PD. I think it was in mid 2004 or so, correct?
Was EB3 current in July 2007? If yes, I'm assuming atleast 95% EB3 folks have EAD and their spouse can work. The really big problem in post 2007 EB3.
Since dates were current in July 2007, Eb2 and Eb3 can atleast enjoy EAD/spouse working benefits. Why do ppl complain when they have EAD etc whose PD is before 2007.
smuggymba
what happened to your earlier PD. I think it was in mid 2004 or so, correct?
smuggymba
08-21 12:35 PM
Thread Starter - unless you tell EXACTLY which GC category you fall in, when exactly was it applied - is the employment based, family based or what........ur asking questions but tellt he TECHNICAL details of your case..rather than saying USCIS is bad etc.
USCIS evaluates an application when they open it for the first time - if they saw ur application 6 years later and a single field were missing...u'll have to file again.
To me it seems like - u were illegal when u filed becuase u came here for a month and instead filed for GC, which was not ur original intention.
The work u do here will get u a job in canada easily. Tons of ppl are moving to canada from US just because of this crappy USCIS and GC process.
Contact an attroney, if u dont have the money, request someone pro bono favor or contact some agency. I'm not sure if canadian consulate can help u.
USCIS evaluates an application when they open it for the first time - if they saw ur application 6 years later and a single field were missing...u'll have to file again.
To me it seems like - u were illegal when u filed becuase u came here for a month and instead filed for GC, which was not ur original intention.
The work u do here will get u a job in canada easily. Tons of ppl are moving to canada from US just because of this crappy USCIS and GC process.
Contact an attroney, if u dont have the money, request someone pro bono favor or contact some agency. I'm not sure if canadian consulate can help u.